A Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) based phone system is more than just a few new phones plugged into your network with slick displays and pretty flashing lights.
VoIP transforms your phone system into a next generation communications hub; complete with cutting edge technologies that allow your organization to deliver superior customer service while cutting costs. An IP based system piggybacks on your data network and can connect to the public-switched telephone network (PSTN) through a variety of voice services.
Here are 6 reasons why you should consider an IP based phone system:
1. Reduce the cost of phone charges by taking advantage of newer, less expensive voice technologies. And for companies with several branch offices, you can reduce the number of circuits or lines to the PSTN for substantial cost savings.
2. Provide better customer service-since IP systems are inherently software based, it’s easy to integrate other customer relationship management (CRM) business applications to enhance customer service.
3. Reduce the cost of network management by consolidating your voice and data networks onto one network which translates to less time and money spent on network management.
4. Simplify system management while reducing the costs of ongoing system maintenance for adds moves and changes. An IP telephony server has an intuitive Web based interface which allows for easy changes to any extension on the network- even remotely.
5. Access sophisticated features that were traditionally out of reach for the smaller phone systems such as Call Center, Call Detail Reporting and Automatic Call Distribution capabilities.
6. Leverage new technologies- again, because it’s software based, it’s easy to add new applications such as integration to smart phones (mobility) and Unified Messaging (voicemail, email and fax all at your desktop) efficiently and cost effectively.
Legacy TDM based systems are a thing of the past- go IP!